Sunday, May 10, 2009

So the summer begins...

I am sitting on the couch at home making a list of everything I need to do to get ready for Africa. Needless to say I am getting really stressed!! My list includes...getting everything on the shopping list (long dresses, a mosquito tent, tons of camping gear, food I can cook on a stove top thing...and so much more), another shot, Typhoid pills, doctors appointment, hair appointment, pedicure, license plate renewed, a new licenses, the oil changed on my car, and so much more. Plus I want to spend as much time with my family as possible...since I have been at school for the last 4 months. I have eight days to get all of this done...because I will be leaving for my road trip (hopefully with Jess) to Florida on May 21st. We will be meeting my dad and Kimberly in Georgia and then going to Florida for 5 days to lay on the beach and get a tan!!! Then back to Ohio for 4 days before AFRICA!!

I am so nervous but so excited. I know it is going to be so amazing...but camping isn't really my thing and this is basically a really intense camping trip. I am leaving on June 1st from Cleveland...flying to D.C. where I have a 4 hour lay over and I will be meeting up with 2 girls from my trip to fly to Paris and then Niamey together. While in Africa we will have a week of training and orientation then off to the bush...while there we will be living with the Zerma people and just hanging out with them. We will be doing prayer walking and building relationships with the people. Thankfully every two weeks we get to go back to the city and relax for a couple of days before heading back into the bush. Then back home on July 31st!!

I am hoping to keep this updated as much as possible in the next couple of weeks getting ready for AFRICA and as much as possible while in Niger. PLEASE keep me in your prayers...I am going to need a lot of PRAYER this summer!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment